Saturday, June 02, 2007

Checking in from Bali...

Just checking in…had popped on the internet this morning, but we only have slooooooooooooooooow dialup in our room and I didn’t have time to deal with it at the moment.

I haven’t had a restful time here. It’s been very full. Things have gone well, but it’s been exhausting, finishing one thing and going straight on to the next....for a week straight, it seems like. Yesterday I went from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm only being in our hotel room about 30 minutes…I went to drop off our kids at the childcare and set up crafts to start, then to the adult meeting room to help lead worship, sat in the session about an hour (not paying much attention because of mentally processing the rest of my day), then had to lead the youth girls in a craft (day 2 of envelope albums)…after that I went to deliver some craft items to a different room, picked up the kids, handed them off to DH and went to a ladies’ luncheon, left early to set up for the ladies’ craft, back to ladies’ group to hear the last half of the devotional, then the ladies’ craft that lasted 3 hours…DH and the (4) kids came and we went to dinner, then got to rest about 20 minutes before we had to go to a family fun night~! Then the day ended with my 4YO (girl) kicking my 3YO (boy) in the stomach as their friends (and their friends’ mommies, my friends) looked on and I couldn’t see…a spanking…and me leaving our rather expensive camera in the eating area of the hotel (thankfully, though our friends hadn’t noticed it, it was still on their table when DH went to go and get it).

The ladies’ craft went…well, it went. It had a beginning, middle, and an end…the beginning was pretty much confusion – I had all the kits laid out, all the supplies and all the paper…people came trickling in and starting at all different times, so I never had the chance to get a group started out together or explain the instructions to more than 4 people at a time. I had the instructions in each kit, so eventually (by the middle) everyone was helping each other through as I circulated the whole time. By the end everyone (but one lady, whose first language is not English) had an altered notebook that they were pleased with, and everyone had fun in the process. So…….I ended up with 35 ladies or so, I guess. Toooooo many, but fun. The batteries in my camera were dead and I didn’t get any pictures – I’ll have to see if anyone else took any that I can share. The teen girls were a group of 8, and that was very manageable. They all did really well. Kids all enjoyed their crafts too, so that was satisfying after several months of work.

I have one more ‘set’ with the worship team in the morning and I’ll be done. I’m looking forward to that feeling. I woke up with a cold this morning, which is not making things fun at all! My 3YO threw up twice this morning, so added to the rush of the morning today was DH and I tag-teaming with the kids…I had to take 3 of them to childcare in the morning after a group picture involving all our attendees, then run back to help lead singing, went back to the room to rest in the AC for an hour, back to the teen girls to help a few of them finish their books, back to the room to bring back my stuff, then picked up the kids, took them to lunch (buffet – getting our food one plate at a time while toting the baby…who has a staph infection on his knee) soon as we were done eating we had to go back to the room so DH could eat in time for me to go to music practice...then back again so he could get into town and get diapers for the baby.

I'm watching Star Wars...I probably should get off the computer and sit down with the images and Prismacolors that I brought for a little therapy time...!

Thanks for checking on me!


  1. Oh my! You poor thing - sounds like you were caught up in one of our TX tornados for several days! Hopefully you can look back (later) & see how God was working in your behalf. I'm anxious to hear those stories. Just hope you can get some well deserved rest after all that frantic activity!

  2. Good gracious, girl! Sounds like a normal "furlough" time when you look forward to getting back to the field just to get some rest!! It was good to "catch up" with you and hear about your goings-on. Hope you can take it easy from here on out, and get over that cold quickly. Love ya!!

  3. You've been tagged.