Lori and I did a collaborative project this month with a printer she'll be reviewing this week (stay tuned Wednesday for more information!) - she printed one of my paintings for me on canvas using the Epson SureColor P600 – it handles many different media types, thicknesses and paper sizes and will print directly from rolled paper or canvas.
The original of this painting was sold with different words stamped on the right (and I cannot find a picture of it!), but I scanned it before the words were stamped, thinking of doing a project just like this - maybe making prints and customizing the words, and adding the wand in as a dimensional element... so it was fun to make that work! I sent the file to Lori, and this is what she sent to me:
I used my light tablet and a transparent grid to help with the placement of the words and to keep my lines straight - this wasn't a use I had thought of when I first got the tablet, but it sure is helpful! The ABC stamps are from 2 different sets I picked up at Michaels... I love the mixed sets and imperfect, hand-stamped look.
To make the wand, I covered some chipboard with aluminum tape, and die cut a star... the handle is a window bar from a Spellbinders set.
I'll have another printer project to share tomorrow!