This week's Mix-Ability challenge nearly made my head explode... choices...?!? Lydia challenged us to choose our project elements from this matrix:
For some reason it helped me to work across the matrix backwards, so I chose dry embossing, a holiday theme, lime green, pink, watercolor, and acrylic.
Working on a 4" white Art Square from Inchie Arts, I ran this new Ornament Flourish die through my die cutting machine - the matboard is too thick to cut through, so the die just cuts into the surface, giving me a beautiful outline to work with. The sandwich for this on the Big Shot is the multipurpose platform on Tab 2, cutting plate, matboard, die, cutting plate, and a cereal box shim.
This die is actually 5 separate pieces that can be arranged in any order or combination, but I left the pieces together for my card - they're beautiful just as is. The flourishes, though, will be beautiful on their own for non-holiday cards.
I used a very fine detail brush to brush gold watercolor and then acrylic paint along the flourishes and ornament strands. The ornaments were painted using the same fine brush - the pink is from a Zig brush marker, brushed and lifted from a palette; the green is a mix of QoR paints. The sentiment can be found here. I added highlights to the ornaments with a white acrylic paint pen, and added some pearls for dimension. The splatters were added as I went, using the same colors I painted with.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
|Click here for more Inchie Arts products!|