This week's Mix-Ability challenge is a fun technique - we're pressing leaves and flowers in our die cutting machines! I really liked this print - it came out so clean.
This is a leaf from one of my money trees, which despite my negligence has been one of the few plants that has survived in our house. Now if only it would really grow money! I pressed the leaf between two pieces of watercolor paper, so I have a matching print in reverse (for whatever it's worth, this is the print from the underside of the leaf, and it's brighter than the top side...).
I used Distress ink and an Akashiya marker to watercolor in some shadows around the leaf print for a little added dimension.... I added some splatters and some collage-y stamping too.
The sentiment is from a set from Verve Stamps - they just celebrated 8 years in business - it sure doesn't seem that long!
Enjoy your weekend!