Kyra's Mix-Ability challenge for us this week is to dive into one color, and create a monochrome project. We are in the final stages of packing for our move to the States, so I had the added challenge of working with extremely limited supplies... thankfully I hadn't packed my watercolors YET, and I'm leaving my acrylics here with the fun prospect of updating my collection. I had a stray piece of drywall tape and some chalk inks out too. Most of the chalk inks ended up making the 'take' list because of this project - there was a fun little resist effect going on that needs some more exploration... The Lilac stamps hopped into my suitcase as well. (Hahaa!! What was I thinking?)
I stamped the blooms and leaves in a yellowish brown ink, then spritzed some water and worked wet watercolor paint into the wet areas and around the background. When everything was dry, I used acrylic paint on a "scruffy brush" to dab in more detail to the flowers. The next layer of color was done with chalk ink again (Colorbox Fluid Chalks), stamping text randomly, and adding texture through the drywall tape.
We're getting to the stage of 'lasts' over this weekend, and up to our departure date Wednesday. I've spent quite a bit of time walking in circles and staring at things! This is such a hard move in many ways... we know the timing is right, but there are so many unknowns otherwise.
I'll be in touch when we get things set up on the other side... but don't be surprised if you see a few more scheduled posts while we're on the move!