Wanted to share the stencil video I made for Flourishes in case you missed it last month. In the video below I'll show you several ways to use homemade stencils, like the one I made here, for...
- Spray paints or spray inks
- Layering images and colors by rotating your stencil
- Watercoloring, stamping, and sponging through stencils
- Layering multiple stencils
- Adding dimension, patterns, and texture
If you'd like to make your own stencil, go grab a set of shaped dies and a piece of chipboard! Space the dies evenly on your chipboard piece (I used a panel from a cereal box, and cut it into a 6-inch square). If you have enough to fill the space, you can send it through your die cut machine in one pass. If you need to make several passes to achieve the look you want, that's fine too.
Here is the video, and the samples I made with the pieces you'll see me create!
Stamps used: Tulips for Friends
Stamps used: Old Tea Rose